The OrthoBee’s buzzing ’bout Dr. Bui baking banana bread! Here’s our special banana bread recipe, posted by request by one of our lovely patients. It’s the perfect treat to enjoy for breakfast, as a snack or even dessert. We are happy to share it with all of you, throughout Orange County and beyond.
Ingredients (Serves 8, if you share):
1/2 cup granulated sugar (optional: use 2/3 cup to make it sweeter)
5 1/3 tablespoons (=1/3 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Position rack in the lower third of the oven. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan, line bottom with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl #1: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Beat at high speed sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl #2 until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients from bowl #1 to bowl #2 and beat until it has the consistency of brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating lightly.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a spoon.
- Add the banana and walnuts mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
Share this Post