Slay vampires and keep colds at bay with this healthy broth. Garlic has long been used for its medicinal properties, which include allicin, a chemical that might relieve pain and act as an anti-inflammatory. Note: parsley will help with the garlic breath.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 head of peeled & cracked garlic cloves and cook, tossing occassionally for 8-10 minutes or until garlic is golden-brown.
- Add 2 quarts of water and bring to a simmer.
- While the water is heating, take a handful of fresh herbs (like parsley, cilantro, or sage) and scallions and add to the pot, along with 1 more head of garlic, halved cross-wise.
- Gently boil until the broth is reduced by a quarter and the garlic cloves are very soft (about 30-40 minutes).
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Strain the broth or pass a slotted spoon through it to fish out the garlic & herbs.
Serve hot & enjoy!
Recipe from Bon Apetit, April 2018.
Share this Post