- How Does Orthodontic Treatment Work?
- What Is Phase I and Phase II Treatment?
- What Are Spacers/Separators?
- Do Braces Hurt?
- Will Braces Interfere With Playing Sports And Musical Instruments?
Braces use steady, gentle pressure to gradually move teeth into their proper positions. The brackets that are placed on your teeth and the archwire that connects them are the main components. When the archwire is placed into the brackets, it tries to return to its original shape by applying pressure to move your teeth to their new, more ideal positions.
- Should I see my general dentist while I have braces?
- If my child gets braces early, isn’t there a higher chance of the teeth getting crooked again?
- Six facts to know before getting braces
Absolutely! You should maintain your regular check-ups at least every six months to ensure that your teeth are free from cavities and your gums are healthy. In many cases, it is recommended to get more frequent cleanings while in braces to ensure the best oral health conditions.
- Will I need to have teeth removed for braces?
- How much do braces cost and does my insurance pay for it?
- Will my teeth straighten out as I grow?
It depends on your treatment needs. During the initial consultation, we will discuss the treatment and financial options for your case. We will also review your insurance coverage and file the paperwork to maximize your benefits.