What is keto breath? The ketogenic diet, popularly called the keto diet, and other low-carb diets help you lose weight faster. Specifically, the keto diet is a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb diet designed to induce ketosis, a natural metabolic state where the body starts burning fat for fuel. While the keto diet has many benefits, “keto breath” is a common side effect due to the conversion of fatty acids into ketones. Keto breath can be fruity-smelling or have a strong odor that’s similar to nail polish.
How long does it last? The odor will subside as your body adapts to being in ketosis. This may take at least 2-3 weeks. to reach this state where the body becomes effective at burning the ketones it produces.
What are some remedies? Here are some tips to reduce keto breath so that you don’t take someone else’s breath away during that initial diet phase.
1. Drink more water to help flush out ketones from your system through urination.
2. Eat less protein. As your body breaks down protein, it produces ammonia, which is another byproduct that creates a strong odor on the breath.
3. Eat more healthy fats, such as avocados, nuts and olive oil.
4. Eat more carbs. You do not have avoid all carbs to achieve ketosis.
5. Mask odor with mints and gum.
6. Practice good oral hygiene (obviously). Don’t forget to brush your gums after brushing and flossing your teeth. Dr. Bui of the OrthoBee Orthodontics in Fountain Valley recommends checking your teeth in a mirror afterwards to make sure you didn’t miss a spot 🙂
Share this Post
I think the admin of this web page is genuinely working hard in support of his web site, because here every material is quality based material.
I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy that I stumbled across this during my hunt for something relating to this.
I genuinely enjoy studying on this internet site, it has got excellent posts.
Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday. It will always be interesting to read articles from other authors and practice a little something from other sites.