We have missed so much! My team and I are beyond ready to get back to work and see everyone. It was my goal to personally reach out to each one of our patients in active treatment; thank you for sending in photos so I could track your progress, and for letting me know that you are safe and healthy. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you.
Our office follows the infection control recommendations of American Dental Association (ADA) and Occupational Safely and Health Administration (OHSA). Due the COVID-19 pandemic, we have added several additional measures based on the latest guidelines of Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and government officials and ask for your collaboration.
How are we doing our part?
Facemasks have been provided to all team members and are required, even in the front office. We are screening everyone (our team and patients) for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 infection. High touch and surface areas are sanitized regularly. A sneeze guard will be installed at the reception desk. We are scheduling our patients to a maximum of 2 at a time. We are modifying some procedures and scheduling to ensure the utmost safety for our patients and team.
What changes will you see?
1. Prescreening: Please fill out a brief questionnaire (https://us.patientriver.com/theorthobee) 24 hours prior to your appointment.
2. Physical distancing: Please remain in your car and call us at 714-962-8880 when you arrive. We are asking that only the patient enter our treatment area.
3. Face masks: We are asking everyone entering our office to wear a face mask. Please keep your face mask on until we ask you to remove it and put it back on when treatment is completed.
4. Tooth brushing: Please brush prior to your visit as our tooth brushing station will be temporarily closed. If you have a loose bracket, please advise us so that we can schedule you appropriately.
5. Appointment scheduling: We will be scheduling your appointments over the phone whenever possible. This can be done while you are waiting in the car.
You will get a report card to update on your treatment. As you know, we love to chat with you at your appointment. However, conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc. While we will be spending less face time in the office at the moment, we hope that you understand that these measures are to keep you safe. We pride ourselves on giving you personal attention at every visit, and will be glad to follow up by phone, email or video if you have any questions.
We ask for your patience. We had to cancel hundreds of appointments, and we know that there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible. We have already begun rescheduling patients on a first-canceled-first-rescheduled basis, which is fair, efficient, and will serve everyone with getting back on track.
As we continue to navigate through these challenging times, I am reminded of how fortunate we are to be a part of such a strong community that supports each other to accomplish great things. It is the power of this community and our efforts that will propel us through this to better times. We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you should have any concerns. Thank you for your trust and loyalty, and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Chi Bui & The OrthoBee Team (serving all of Orange County)