Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the over to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approx. 30 seconds).
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 oz. scoop or a 2 tbsp. measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges.